Monday, February 25, 2008

things from this weekend


- we had a houseguest this weekend- lilly, one of our volunteers' dogs stayed over at our house. it was pretty cool. this is her------->

- tennessee is the new #1 men's basketball team in the country. TENNESSEE!!! I can't believe it, but I know its true. I am so proud to be from Knoxville.

- Margaret Feinberg sent me her new book, "The Organic God." I will let you know what I thought along with some highlights later.

- The Oscars were lame.

- John Stewart was funnier on Larry King Live than at the Academy Awards.

- Getting ready for Wednesday starts earlier and earlier.

- Had an interesting morning on Saturday even before I got to Band of Brothers.

- Listened to Tom Pettite talk about balancing work, life, riches, and family and was inspired to hear a guy break it down like only a sage 78 year old man can. My favorite quote: "Decide what you want to do, dedicate yourself to the Lord, then do it: your life can't be filled with lists explaining why you can't do something...it must have a singular focus: what you want to do and how you plan on getting there.

- Whipped some booty on the Wii. (that's right Jason, I mean you!!)

No comments: