Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm just being honest...

This is a saying that is widely used...especially by my best friend Ryan Britt.

That being said, i am reading more and more, especially in the futurist world about the importance of authenticity.

I even caught a post by Mark Batterson on the subject yesterday.

Below is my response post:

Be careful how much we use the term authentic, or transparent. I think that it is very important to be open and honest with people but maybe being authentic is an open door to being openly sinful and not caring. I don't think its so much about being authentic but about being more like Christ. As a Christian, our authenticity is not to be more like us, but to be more like Christ.

I think Paul says it best: "Your life is not your own. You were bought with a price."

*Props to J. Britt for his inspiration.

No comments: