Wednesday, December 24, 2008

on christmas eve...

I think it’s easy to get overwhelmed wanting to know scripture more, or walk in victory over this or that. It’s much easier to decide that today, knowing that God has given me all the grace and mercy I need to be all that He has made me to be, I am going to follow Him. Today I’m going to read and meditate on His word. Today I’m not, by his grace, going to give into temptation. Today I will be obedient to His leadings. Day after day following the long path of obedience in the same direction until, and if, we get to 70, drinking coffee early in the morning with lifelong friends…until then, day by day…until we are sitting at an even better table.

3 comments:

keith said...

dude - I think Chandler ripped you off! ;)

Brett Moore said...

dude...i think you're right. also- why do you hate me?

keith said...

i love you!!!
and
i miss you!