Tuesday, July 24, 2007

shout out


just wanted to say that today i am thinking about Joe McDaniel. He was my old boss at a previous church and a great one.

Sometimes I think that it's too easy to generalize an entire experience with one single emotion. Like painting with a broad brush. Life up to this point has been pretty interesting for me professionally. I have had some great experiences, and some ones that I think were for learning, and others that were used to prune me and taught me to let go of my pride. I don't ever want to be the kind of person who can't learn, or the kind who can't let things go, or the type that whines about it even after the fact.

God has been in charge for a lot longer than I understand and He will take me the rest of the way.

1 comment:

keith said...

I'll give 2 shout outs - 1 to Joe Mac, he's the man - and a huge fan of Andy Griffin, I saw him looking at Andy Griffin videos just last week at K Mark!
and
A big shout out to YOU Brett. Mostly cause I made your top 10
and because I love ya - you know, in a manly kind of way. I mean a real manly kind of way, not like 2 men loving - I mean, you know what I mean!