Monday, August 6, 2007

vanity oh vanity

i have been thinking a lot lately about how much vanity must be involved to be part of the blogosphere. how else could one find it appropriate to say to the world, "here are my thoughts, you need these...enjoy!" what is it that drives us, as humans, to think that somehow we are, or ought to be, this important. i have read countless people's blogs of many professions (ministerial and otherwise) and wondered how they had so much time to sit at a computer. i have read others' and found myself marveling at the amount of narcisism that must exist in these persons' self awareness.

then i began to think about what it is that we do as ministers. we stand in front of a crowd, (hopefully) and trust that we have been in communion with the Almighty so that we may minister to those who need ministering to. i know that there is much more to ministry than speaking. (trust me, i work with middle schoolers) but i have been thinking about this very much.

do i simply want to be heard?

what makes me so different?

what makes me so special?

3 comments:

keith said...

I think what makes you different is in part your name - I mean, how many Brett Moore's are there?
Then your hair.
How many Brett Morre's are there, and how many of them have great hair -like yours?
I'd like to hear some thoughts from someone named Brett Morre with great hair!
I think there are other things too that make you special!

Laura E. Moore said...

what makes my brother special:
a. he has the coolest sister...ever..(just kidding...kinda...)
b. he DOES have great hair
c. he absolutely 100% loves what he does.
~love you brother!
p.s. go read my latest...i think you'll appreciate it.

Caleb Land said...

so was that the final post of brett t. moore.blogspot.com? I check back, I wait with anticipation and.........silence? Couldn't you at least say goodbye?